CASTING CALL – KIDS!
PROJECT: “RUNNER” PILOT
NON UNION EXTRAS
POTENTIAL SHOOT DATE: Monday, 3/16/15
TENTATIVE TIME: After 2pm
ROLES: School Kids
School Kids from 2nd to 6th Grade, Both Genders, Any Ethnicity
If you are interested in being submitted, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Put the following info in the email:
1) Subject Line: SCHOOL KIDS
2) Body of the email: Name, height, weight, age AND year in school, phone number, email address and parent/guardian name
3) Send photos in jpeg format and make sure to put your name in the submission.
4) Please list the name of the employer on the work permit in your submission. The work permit may be from our company 4 Star Casting or a talent agency (such as Paonessa, Lily’s, BMG, etc) if your child has representation.
5) Confirm that your child is available to work on the potential shoot date.
See instructions on obtaining a work permit below – do not submit if your child does not have a current, valid, Illinois work permit. Production would like to have options by March 9th.
You want your child to be a STAR! First question we are going to ask – Does she/he have a work permit?
If you have a child (15 or younger) and would like him/her to be considered for extra work, your child MUST HAVE a valid, Illinois Dept. of Labor Employment Certificate, also known as a “work permit.” Your child CAN NOT work in the state of Illinois without the work permit.
All minors (see above), who want to work on an Illinois production, residents and non-residents, must obtain a valid Illinois Dept. of Labor Employment Certificate to work in Illinois.
There is no charge to obtain a work permit.
Go to http://www.4starcasting.com/minors-registration—illinois.… to obtain the necessary paperwork, including our letter of intent.
Check with your child’s school or the local high school in your area to see if they issue work permits. If they don’t, check your local high school. If still no luck, you can try the following Chicago facilities:
Illinois State Board of Education
100 West Randolph, 14th Floor
Department of Truancy Prevention
125 South Clark Street, Suite 1016
Chicago, IL 60603
6323 North Avondale, 773-534-1100
2021 North Burling, 773-534-8230
231 North Pine, 773-534-6284
10 West 35th Street, 773-534-9082
Note: You must call the Chicago locations in advance to check hours of operation and/or make an appointment.