***It’s been Confirmed! If renewed for season 3, Fox’s “Sleepy Hollow” will move to “Atlanta” So goodbye to Wilmington, NC***

Fox Television Group chairman and CEO Dana Walden said if it’s renewed for a third season, “Sleepy Hollow” will move production from Wilmington following the demise of the North Carolina film tax credit program.

“We’ve explored other places to produce that show and I will tell you it came down to Atlanta and Vancouver and it looks like we’ll head to Atlanta,” she said following a news conference at the Television Critics Association winter 2015 press tour.

Last year, the N.C. General Assembly opted to let the state’s tax incentive program benefiting film and television projects expire. Lawmakers replaced it with a grant program that will dole out no more than $10 million total to qualified productions this year. The most each production can receive under the new program is $5 million.

CBS’ drama series “Under the Dome” will return to film in the spring, and it is expected to claim its maximum amount, leaving only $5 million for the rest of 2015.

That wasn’t enough to keep “Sleepy Hollow” in the state, which could get twice that amount for filming done last year. Still, the show could claim a small piece of the 2015 grant funds for the filming done this month to finish its second season. Crews are scheduled to wrap production next week with filming in Wilmington and New Bern.

A third season is not official. Fox announced renewals for “Empire,” “Gotham” and “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” on Saturday, but Walden said the network will “wait a little bit longer” before making a decision to renew “Sleepy Hollow.”

0902-sleepy-hollow-fox-3

Advertisements